We have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine, pet health care and pet products and services. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Pets Matter
A website dedicated to your pets health. This site also includes resources for finding a new pet, things to do with your pet, and travel/relocation tips.
- The Bark Stops Here
Jody Rosengarten is the trainer and behaviorist of our choice when your pet starts to bend the rules.
- Heartworm Society
Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- National Animal Poison Control Center
- This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- The Cat Fanciers’ Association (CFA)
The Cat Fanciers’ Association website has lots of pictures, as well as information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more.
- Veterinary Schools in the US
This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline health
- http://www.earsct.org/about-us.html The Connecticut Emergency Animal Response Service (EARS) has its roots in the wake of Hurricane Irene and Winter Storm Alfred in 2011 which resulted in several animal response incidents here in Connecticut. EARS provides animal ambulance, rapid response, equine emergency, evacuation and shelter, etc.
- http://vetmed.tamu.edu/files/hospital/SmallAnimalHospital/Dentistry/SmallAnimalDentistry.pdfThis document offers some general, helpful guidelines to good pet dentistry practices from a veterinary medical school.